Simrad NSS evo2, The heart of a great fish finder
- Size: 7 inches to 16 inches
- Price: $1,100 and up
- Multi-touch display
- Embedded high-gain 10Hz GPS/GLONASS receiver, works in flush installations with most non-metal boats
- Built-in CHIRP-enabled broadband sounder and StructureScan
- TouchSensible combination of multi-touch screen and keypad/rotary dial for intuitive and precise control in all conditions
- HEROiC software optimized for widescreen multi-touch display, with customisable panels
- Full autopilot integration capability
- GoFree™ wireless technology for online chart downloads, map creation, and smartphone/tablet integration (requires optional Wi-Fi module)
- Easier trip planning with TripIntel™ technology
- Flush-mount (~8mm profile) or bracket installation, with classic black and brushed silver bezel options
- Preloaded Insight USA cartography (inland and coastal charts)
When you decide to get into a really high-end fish finder you’ll have the ability to create a custom system from the ground up. The new Simrad NSS evo2 multifunction displays are some of the best on the market today and if you buy before April 18, 2016 you’ll get some free stuff too. But first let’s talk about these amazing displays and how they can fit into creating the perfect system for you.
The display is the heart of any high-end system
The multifunction (MFD) display is the heart of any electronic fish finder system. The MFD is the interface between you and the electronics suite that is known as your chartplotter, fish finder, radar and other systems on-board your vessel. Let’s take a look at some of the features of the Simrad MFD and see how they stack up. The NSS evo2 offers the user a multi-touch touchscreen display that can control a number of electronic systems with ease. On smaller center console vessels a single screen can be used to control all of these systems whereas on larger vessels one may opt for multiple MFD’s to facilitate larger images and more clarity. Commonly known as a “glass bridge” these systems often consist of 2 or 3 displays which can be programmed to show different systems exclusively. For example, one display can show sonar while another can show the chartplotter. In this way you can see the largest image possible. Of course this configuration comes at a price but when a multi-million purse at a tournament is on the line this additional cost seems reasonable.
Rebates and free stuff
Simrad is currently offering some cool rebates and freebies when you buy the new NSS evo2 displays. I’ve outlined the giveaways below for your review.
|Product Title||Part #||Barcode||Offer|
|NSS16 evo2 Combo||000-11196-001||9420024125373||$300 Simrad Visa® Prepaid Card & Free Simrad RS12 VHF Radio|
|NSS12 evo2 Combo||000-11192-001||9420024125335||$200 Simrad Visa® Prepaid Card & Free Simrad RS12 VHF Radio|
|NSS12 evo2 w/4G Radar||000-11451-001||9420024128565||$200 Simrad Visa® Prepaid Card & Free Simrad RS12 VHF Radio|
|NSS9 evo2 Combo||000-11190-001||9420024125311||$150 Simrad Visa® Prepaid Card & Free Simrad RS12 VHF Radio|
|NSS9 evo2 w/4G Radar||000-11450-001||9420024128558||$150 Simrad Visa® Prepaid Card & Free Simrad RS12 VHF Radio|
|NSS7 evo2 Combo||000-11184-001||9420024125250||$200 Simrad Visa® Prepaid Card|
If you were thinking about upgrading your bridge with the latest display technology now is the time to buy.
Please feel free to comment on this or any of our posts.